If you look up every time a plane flies overhead and wonder what it must be like to be in control of such a magnificent machine, then we can give you that experience.
Flying is a dream for many people and Air Center 1 helps make these dreams come true every day, in many different ways. Explore our services and experience why we claim to be the #1 flight training and aircraft rental resource in the region. You'll find that it's because we offer exceptional service, value, the full array of flight training, discovery flights where you can take the controls, sightseeing tours and much more.
Air Center 1 is the only active FAR141 flight training school in the region.
Contact us at Bowman Field, Louisville, KY at 502-451-6451 or email us.
Two of our fleet of 5 training aircraft are Cessna 152s - ideal for training!
The Cessna 152 is the most efficient aircraft you can fly for training and Air Center 1 has 2 available for students or pilots who want to rent a 152. This is a 2-seat, single engine aircraft. Give us a call to reserve your time in one of our aircraft today! For a complete list of our fleet, click here.
Located in the historic terminal building at Bowman Field, Air Center 1 can be reached at 502-451-6451 or email. Call us today to begin your adventure of flight.
Our Mission Air Center 1's mission is to provide affordable, professionally maintained aircraft for flight instruction and rental. We will provide safe and effective learning situations for our students while adhering to applicable federal and state aviation regulations. We also pledge to offer exceptional adventures in flight for sightseeing and discovery.
Special Student Packages Because Air Center 1 is a FAR Part 141 certified training center, we can provide training to qualified students that other flight schools can't do. These include:
Course Packages - We have conveniently packaged our various rating levels to give you one full price for your entire training. Click here for details.
Why Choose Air Center 1? You have a few options when choosing a flight school in and around Louisville. However, no other flight school offers the breadth and level of service that Air Center 1 does. Consider the following:
1. We are the best in the region when it comes to service. We are a fully operational flight school, with a staff on the premises all day, every day. We answer the phone in person and you will get the service you want, when you want it. We also offer online services for purchasing and scheduling flights.
2. We are an FAA Part 141 School. That means that our curriculum has been approved by the FAA and our equipment, operation and facility are held to a higher standard than the competing Part 61 schools. Also, we generally graduate students to their check rides sooner, saving them money overall.
3. Our aircraft and students are fully insured.
4. We have more aircraft than any other operator in the area. That means that a student will more readily be able to schedule an aircraft on their schedule.
5. Our professional approach to the business is unparalleled. We operate with the utmost integrity and professionalism and our facilities offer a professional place to learn and buy your flying essentials.
The #1 Flight Training & Aircraft Rental Resource in the Region.